Summary: The Catering Cook and Delivery Assistant prepares, serves and delivers food within the Vincentian homes, offices, external customers, and retail outlets according to established policies and procedures. Responsible for cleaning the food service areas and equipment. Assures proper storage of food and other products. Acts as a cashier as assigned.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Commits to the Vincentian Collaborative System (VCS) mission to nurture and sustain a ministry of compassionate care that preserves the human dignity of persons within a diverse and changing society.
Upholds and promotes the VCS values of spirituality, compassion, quality, dignity, collaboration, advocacy and stewardship.
Promotes and supports a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Adheres to all facility and department work rules, policies and procedures.
Maintains a safe work environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily job performance.
Works with the Catering Chef Manager, Executive Director, Dining Experience, and other staff members.
Assists with meal preparation.
Serves food according to the established menu.
Prepares kitchen for daily food production.
Delivers catered goods to various locations.
Acts in compliance with federal and state sanitary regulations as well as facility infection control guidelines and dietary policies and procedures.
Assists with storage and inventory of food supply and cleanliness of storage areas.
Attends in-service training sessions as assigned.
Maintains a clean and hazard-free work areas.
Participates in department/facility meetings, as required.
Exercises efficient time management.
Distributes and collects menus if needed.
Performs dishwashing/cleaning procedures in accordance with Department of Health and facility standards.
Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
Stores food in accordance with Department of Health and facility standards.
Follows established Infection Control Precautions
Performance all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Mission – the individual is committed to the Mission and Values of the Vincentian System. (Mission)
2. Analytical – the individual is able to prioritize work through analysis and understanding of diverse information. (Judgment)
3. Technological Skills- the individual has proficiency in Microsoft Office, computer literacy, computer keyboarding skills and knowledge of basic office equipment. (Job Knowledge)
4. Professional –the individual exhibits a professional manner, is dependable and relates well to others including management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. (Professionalism)
5. Confidentiality – the individual acts appropriately and responds effectively to all sensitive and confidential situations, inquiries or complaints. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
6. Integrity – the individual possesses high ethical standards when dealing with others including management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. (Work Ethic)
7. Ethical – the individual complies with the Code of Ethical Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Plan and demonstrates this to others at all times. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
8. Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. (Problem Solving and Decision Making)
9. Communication Skills – the individual writes and speaks clearly in completing assignments within the scope of their job responsibilities. (Communication)
10. Interpersonal Skills - the individual is able to effectively work with others in a team-oriented environment and effectively interact with fellow employees in both favorable and unfavorable circumstances. (Interpersonal Skills)
11. Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. (Initiative)
12. Adaptability – the individual is easily adaptable in the work environment and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events. (Productivity/Efficiency)
13. Compliance – the individual complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations to which the facilities are held responsible. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
14. Quality Management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. (Quality)
15. Safety and Security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes and complies with all safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly. (Safety)
Employees of a long term care facility work in a resident care environment that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. Employees can be expected to be exposed to unpleasant odors and may encounter physically or verbally aggressive residents.
Working conditions include normal indoor temperatures. There may also be times when employees perform duties outdoors. Depending on the season, outdoor temperatures will vary.
Employees may come into contact with residents who have infectious diseases or to resident bodily fluids or blood. In addition, employees may come into contact with hazardous materials and facility equipment.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions and perform simple mathematical calculations required.
Commercial or institutional food service experience preferred.
Ability to work additional hours as needed.
Vincentian is a Catholic not-for-profit health care and human services organization that offers a continuum of care for more than 2,000 seniors per year, including independent living, personal care, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. Vincentian coordinates three nursing homes in the Greater Pittsburgh area, plus three personal care homes, two child care centers, two independent living communities and a charitable foundation. The system was founded in McCandless in 1924 and is sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. Vincentian welcomes and celebrates people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Compelled by the love of Christ, Vincentian Collaborative System nurtures and sustains a ministry of compassionate care that preserves the human dignity of persons within a diverse and changing society.
Spirituality | Compassion | Dignity | Quality | Stewardship | Advocacy | Collaboration | Innovation