oversee catering on a Navy destroyer. short missions
must be available to be on incidents for periods of time
Over see and assist operations of two cafes
for more info please contact Bryan 805-701-4168
Scofield Catering / Large venues Catering
available to do some short traveling
Cafe Ficelle / Corporate Chef
The Corporate Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef and for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will oversee local Café’s and Emergency Response Catering for large scale
emergencies. (Wildland Fire Relief and other emergencies as assigned)
1. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. 2. Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints. 3. Able to make recommendations to the Executive Chef regarding all aspects of Catering and Café Operations.
4. To be aware of all financial budgets and goals. 5. To ensure that guests are always receiving an exceptional dining experience. 6. Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly. 7. Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
8. Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the occupancy and forecasts.
9. Ensure that associate meals and associate dining services are of a consistently high standard.
10. Ensure that Culinary staff are always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
11. Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safety and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
12. Ensure that all culinary operations manuals are prepared and updated. 13. Ensure that the Department’s overall operational budgets are strictly adhered too. 14. Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company policies and procedures. 15. Ensure that a consistent first-class product of the highest quality is achieved and maintained in all culinary areas, while adhering to operational deadlines.
16. Ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated. 17. Creative menu planning and correct food preparation for each outlet including cafes and off premise catering.
18. To work in close conjunction with the Beverage Manager, Executive Baker and respective & teams, to create a yearly Marketing Plan for the Company.
19. Ensure that all relevant catering set-ups are prepared ahead of guest’s and in adherence with company standards.
20. Be aware of new items, which are introduced onto the market and keep up with the newest product trends.
21. To fully understand the market needs and desires for each outlet and ensure that the menus are developed to reflect those needs.
22. To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
23. To manage associates fairly and take a personal interest in knowing all culinary associates. 24. To project a positive and motivated attitude among all associates. 25. To spend time in the restaurant to ensure that the operation is managed well by the outlet team.
26. To frequently verify that only the highest quality products are used in food preparation. 27. To ensure that all food products received are of the required standard and quality and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
28. Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities within the culinary department.
29. Ensure that weekly work schedules and annual leave are administered and filed correctly. 30. Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
31. To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required. 32. Coach and counsel employees in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy. 33. To act as manager on duty as scheduled. 34. To recruit and select a suitable culinary team who are able to work within a decentralized management philosophy.
35. Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
• Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
• Strong administration skills.
• Creative and innovative.
• Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
• Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
• Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
• Initiative and Self-motivated.
• Ideal training and coaching skills.
At least 15 years’ experience with 4 years in a senior management position.
Job Type: Full-time
Additional Salary Information: Bonus based on these worked on fires
About Scofield Catering and Management Inc. / Cafe Ficelle
Scofield Catering and Management Inc. is
a federally contracted large venue caterer for the federal government.
Our Company responds to large emergency and disasters.
Scofield Catering holds contract with US Forest service in the US Navy. We also work for Cal Fire,HHS, DHS,FEMA
Scofield Catering also owns two French cafés.
Cafe Ficelle, in Ventura and in Camarillo.