HIRING/RETENTION BONUS - $2000 FOR FULL-TIME COOKS!
Come be a part of an exciting time at The Pines! We are currently undergoing a major renovation and will be adding 3 new dining concepts. We are looking for team-oriented individuals to join our team to help with these new venues! If you are that person, please apply!
We are looking for several part-time skilled cooks to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our residents with their taste and timely delivery. An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be adept in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is important.
Must pass a background and drug screening.
· Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
· Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
· Cook food in various equipment
· Follow recipes
· Ensure great presentation of food
· Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Check quality of ingredients
· Monitor stock and let management know when there are anticipated shortages
· Be a team player
· Proven experience as cook
· Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
· Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
· Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
· Ability to work in a team
· Very good communication skills
· Excellent physical condition and stamina
· High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
Additional Salary Information: Hourly employees are entitled to two bonuses a Christmas resident donation bonus and a Summer merit bonus.
About The Pines at Davidson
The Pines at Davidson is an Continuing Care Retirement Community in Davidson NC.