Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
· Free Housing for one included
· Progressive Bonus Structure
· Benefits: Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance
· Optional Ancillary benefits including Critical Illness, Accident, and Legal insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Short-and-Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
WHO WE ARE:
Alchemy Hospitality is a food & beverage lifestyle group will a small collection of restaurants on the East Coast. We are sensitive to the needs of our guests and committed to a company culture that sets us apart and reinforces the fundamentals of good hospitality. At the core of this culture is honesty, integrity, and fairness.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Chef de Cuisine who shares our passion for great food and hospitality and possesses the drive to lead a team through service. This position reports directly to the Corporate Executive Chef.
The CDC supervises and coordinates activities of Cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking foodstuffs by performing the following duties below. The CDC possesses the ability to lead and inspire our kitchen staff, and is responsible for training, collaborating with restaurant management, optimizing staff productivity, and stepping in to help wherever needed. To ensure success, excellent leadership skills, experience managing a team of kitchen staff in a high-pressure environment, and passion to deliver an amazing guest experience is essential.
· 3 – 5 years of kitchen management experience in a fast-paced, upscale-casual/casual dining concept
· Previous responsibility for effective recruitment, selection, orientation, and training of kitchen team members
· Culinary Degree a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
2. Assumes responsibility for kitchen in absence of Executive Chef.
3. Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
4. Gives instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of cooking, maintaining standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of foods.
5. Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
6. Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, equipment, and other areas.
7. Ensures that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time.
8. Works with the Executive Chef to maintain proper food quality, safety, sanitation, cost control, recipe adherence, leadership and mentoring.
9. Coordinates kitchen staff and assists them as required.
10. Assists with hiring and training staff to prepare and cook all menu items according to company standards.
11. Stock takes ingredients and equipment, and places orders as needed.
12. Enforces best practices by training, following up, and retraining if needed.
13. Incorporates feedback from restaurant staff and guests to make improvements or resolve issues.
14. Manages food quality, including all prepped items, line items, and any orders coming in from vendors. This includes line checks, food temperatures, FIFO food rotation.
15. Maintains all recipe adherence, by teaching, coaching and spot-checking ingredients, portions, and cooking procedures to make sure that the recipes are done correctly.
16. Follows and maintains safety and sanitation standards throughout the kitchen by ensuring that kitchen staff is consistently following food safety and HACCP guidelines. This includes but is not limited to, temperature checks, proper cooling and thawing procedures, personal hygiene standards, cleanliness, correct chemical usage, cleaning of equipment, and the cleanliness of the kitchen prep areas, front line, and dish/storage station.
17. Monitors temperatures of all coolers, hot/cold holding, and line equipment.
18. Mentors, coaches, and instructs in a fair and consistent manner.
Alchemy Hospitality is a food & beverage lifestyle group with a small collection of restaurants on the East Coast. We are sensitive to the needs of our guests and committed to a company culture that sets us apart and reinforces the fundamentals of good hospitality. At the core of this culture is honesty, integrity and fairness.