Our Club is looking to hire a new full time cook who will be responsible for preparing delicious dishes for our members & guests in our casual & upscale dining facilities. The menu changes regularly and is consistent with casual American style cuisine with elements of contemporary bar & grill foods. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals using, grilling, broiling, sautéing and deep frying, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes, amongst other daily & weekly responsibilities. You will also need to ensure that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained consistently. Nights and weekends are a must for this position.
To be successful in this job, you will need:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation, minimum of 2 years.
· Prior experience in a related position is preferred, culinary school education is an advantage.
· Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation & safety standards as well as current health codes.
· Ability to show proficiency using slicers, mixers, food processors, and kitchen knives.
· Willingness and capability of working in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
· Outstanding multi-tasking and organizational skills.
· Drive to exceed guest expectations and provide outstanding dining experiences.
Expectations and responsibilities:
· Prepare exceptional meals for our members & guests.
· Weigh, measure, mix, cut and otherwise prep ingredients according to recipes.
· Steam, grill, boil, bake or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
· Check food and ingredients for freshness.
· Arrange and garnish dishes according to chef’s standards.
· Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
· Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
· Write and execute daily prep lists in an orderly and timely manner.
Benefits of being a full time cook for The Club at Strawberry Creek:
· Health and dental insurance available after probationary period