Annual Target Bonus,
401K + 6% match
Excellent Benefit Package including Life Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance + Great Holiday & Vacation time offering
Internal Number: 1013
Baker & Tourier
Bridor, experiencing substantial growth, is expanding its Research and Development team in the United States, specifically at our Industrial Baking Facility in Vineland, NJ. We are actively seeking a proficient artisanal baker with a robust expertise in laminated dough and artisanal bread production to join our team. In this role, you will be directly involved in hands-on activities related to concept development, customer sampling, and ideation.
If you are a committed artisanal baker possessing a penchant for innovation and the adaptability to apply your skills within an industrial setting, we encourage you to apply for this thrilling opportunity. Your dedication and creative prowess will be instrumental in shaping new, top-tier bakery products as part of our dynamic team.
• Laminated Dough, Artisanal Breads, and Industrial Bakery Lines: Demonstrate a strong understanding of laminated dough and artisanal bread-making techniques, including proficiency in crafting these products. Exhibit a keen interest in learning about industrial bakery lines, aiming to implement new products at an industrial scale.
• Passion for Artisanal Baking: Possess a deep passion for the field of artisanal baking and stay current on emerging trends in the industry.
• Baking Formulas and Recipe Creation: Have a comprehensive understanding of baking formulas, ingredient functions, and the ability to create recipes that meet customer requirements for new products or improve existing ones.
• Documentation and Communication: Organize, document, and record the product tasting and cutting processes, including visual documentation with photographs. Effectively communicate findings to the relevant teams or individuals.
These responsibilities and tasks require good knowledge of laminated dough, artisanal breads, and the ability to adapt skills for industrial applications. Passion for artisanal baking, staying informed about industry trends, and the capacity to create and document recipes are essential.
5+ years in baking industry
Demonstrate a strong understanding of laminated dough and artisanal bread-making techniques, including proficiency in crafting these products.
Food ingredients and science background (in bakery or in a similar field) such as filling, yeast, chocolate, flour ingredients.
Methodic, rigorous, and analytical skillset.
Creative, curious, passionate.
Capacity to build strong relationships, autonomous, team building focus.
Maintain positive relationships with internal/external team members.
Active listener and ability to build upon professional feedback.
Additional Knowledge & Skills Preferred
Knowledge of Canadian and American food laws and regulations (CFIA, Health Canada, FDA, USDA, etc.) HACCP, GMP’S BRC, an asset
Previous experience on industrial line, an asset
Working knowledge of French, an asset.
SERV Safe Certification
Degree in Baking and Pastry Arts
Frequent standing- work in lab and on production floor
Occasional travel in US and Canada required
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Position requires some flexibility to start earlier or later as needed.
The food processing company operates industrial bakeries in Canada and the United States and markets the Bridor and Au Pain Doré brands. Bridor supplies major distributors, as well as grocery, restaurant and hotel chains in both Canada and the United States. This pioneer company has an in-house research and development department and operates four bakeries in North America with over 800 employees, more than 600 of whom work in Canada. Bridor is part of the Le Duff family group: a business with sales of more than 2 billion, nearly 1,800 restaurants around the world and 35,000 employees.
BRIDOR is committed to pleasure, health and good bakery practice.
True to its convictions and values, BRIDOR seeks the best quality and authentic bakery and pastry practices to satisfy its customers:
• Careful selection of noble raw materials.
• Flour from local milling companies.
• House chef yeast.
• Pure-butter viennoiseries.
• BRIDOR recipes from our Master Bakers.
• Macarons exclusively made with French-style meringue.
• Made according to French bakers’ methods: the dough is kneaded slowly, rolled out gently and gradually, and left to stand to develop
• Simple to... use, making life easier for our customers.
Our positioning as «Craftsman when it comes to products, industrial when it comes to management» has ensured our success for more than 30 years. On top of that, our French Touch plus innovation.
Inventing bakery and pastry-making for the future to help our customers grow - that is our ambition!